I was unusually thankful for my Twitter account recently as I spent some time reflecting on my life events in 2012. I went back through a year's worth of tweets and relived so many good memories and fun pictures. Here are my top 15 favorite tweets from 2012:
1: I started 2012 out with a bang! Quite literally, I banged by head on the toilet when I passed out in the bathroom at work and got sent to the ER. After the 3rd IV attempt, some yelling at the nurses, and almost sending my queasy husband on a blackout adventure of his own, they found out nothing is wrong with me. Except that my resting heart rate is 89.
2: Probably one of the biggest blessings of 2012 was the amount of amazing people that we got to spend time with in our own home. I sent this tweet after a crazy late-night game of Mafia with some our youth kids and volunteers:
3. If you have never experienced my utter love for dancing like a crazy person, you can get a good idea of what that’s like
4. This one is a retweet, but my hubby said it best. We started a new youth ministry adventure in 2012 and have been so thankful to be a part of such a godly, generous, and compassionate church family!
5. I seriously have the most amazing siblings, and 2012 proved to be no exception. I consider each of them a dear, dear friend and cannot imagine life without them!
6. I picked this tweet for two reasons: 1) Because it mentions our awesome friends Sarah and Andrew, who have meant more to us than they know. 2) Because the Hunger Games changed my life. Not really, Jesus changed my life. But we did have a super fun themed party the night of the midnight showing, then went out late to see the movie like a couple of crazy kids.
7. Carly Rae Jepsen stepped into the scene in 2012 and I was on that bandwagon in a jiff.
8. This was a glorious day in 2012.
9. Marriage has been a huge blessing to me since 2009. I am one lucky lady!
10. I turned 25 in 2012 and received the most amazing present from my hubby! Cirque du Soleil was FANTASTIC! If you ever have the chance to go, I guarantee you will be so glad you did!!
11. This takes the cake for cutest thing in 2012. You will not regret listening to this once... or twice... or three times!
Click HERE to hear the clip.
12. I got a nice big-change haircut in 2012. And I fueled my existing obsession with Zooey Deschanel and her tv show New Girl.
13. I guess emojis were technically a 2011 thing, but but the update in 2012 really cranked the excitement up a notch.
14. My sweet 87-year old grandma was diagnosed with colon cancer this November. While we didn’t expect her to live forever, it was a shock to find out that she probably has less than a year left with us. I cherished this Christmas celebration with her and the rest of our family!
15. I am hardcore blessed by the students I get to hang out with on a regular basis. Our annual winter trip to Chicago certainly confirmed that for me. Liberty is full of gems!
You were a good year, 2012.